Best Rate Guarantee programs or BRG as it also is called, is a marketing trend that more and hotels around the World, are picking up to compete with the big online travel booking websites. It guarantees that a hotel guest is given the lowest available price for a night or a several nights stay.
The hotels guarantee that if you find a better, publicly available rate on another website than the official hotel website after you have done the booking, you can submit an online Best Guarantee claim. If your claim is approved, not only will the lower price be matched, but you will also receive an additional 10 to 30% discount, and other benefits, depending on each hotels policy.
The various hotel best rate guarantee comes with conditions. Each hotel has different conditions for the best rate guarantee but most of the key terms and conditions are shared across the hotels.
The key terms are:
- You must have already booked the room directly through the hotels website.
- The lower rate must be found on a valid competitor website.
- This excludes sites that don’t tell you the hotel brand until the reservation is completed, sites that offer membership prices, sites that don’t offer immediate confirmations and some others.
- Same booking dates
- Same room type
- Same cancellation policies
- Same number of guests per room
Booking directly saves the hotel money, which they can then use to pass along savings. It also benefits you, by allowing you to earn benefits, as well as hotel points.
Be the first to comment